The Irish Countrywomen’s Association are delighted to be part of The National Brown Bread Competition, in association with Aldi Ireland and the National Ploughing Association (NPA).
Entrants may only enter once. Entry to the competition is free.
The prizes are as follows:
1st Place: A prize fund of €15,000
2nd Place: €1,000 Aldi Shopping Vouchers
3rd Place : €500 Aldi Shopping Vouchers
4th Place: €300 Aldi Shopping Vouchers
Entrants will submit a pre -baked brown bread to one of nine chosen locations for judging. The nine Regional Heats will take place nationwide from 26th August – 9th September.
Entrants bake bread at home and drop for tasting and judging at the locations outlined below:
WEDNESDAY 26th AUGUST 10:30- 13:00
• Aldi Head Office, Newbridge Road, Naas, Co.Kildare, W91 VE40.
• Aldi, 10 Seatown Rd, Townparks, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 V2N7.
• Aldi Golden Island, Athlone, Co. Westmeath N37 FC04.
WEDNESDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER 10:30- 13:00
• Aldi, Oakwood, Sleveen East, Macroom, Co. Cork, P12 ER89.
• Aldi, The Square, Gortboy, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick, V42 KD35.
• Aldi, Main Street, Gort, Co. Galway, H91 PV44.
WEDNESDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER 10:30- 13:00
• Aldi, Marshmeadows, New Ross, Co. Wexford, Y34 NP48.
• Aldi, Lannagh Rd, Garryduff, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, F23 TV29.
• Aldi, Dublin Rd, Tullymongan Upper, Cavan, H12 PK29
The 4 Aldi finalists go through to the Finals 14th September.
The judge’s decision in all competitions shall be final and binding on all competitors and the fact of entering shall be deemed an acceptance of this rule.
Rules of the Brown Bread Competition 2020:
1. Each competitor will produce a home baked brown bread . A 2 lb rectangular loaf tin must be used. Ingredients that are allowed are listed below. Competitors must use ingredients purchased from Aldi. Any ingredients not available for purchase in Aldi must be listed and presented in non-branded containers. Competitors may bring their own baking tin should they be successful in the Regional Finals.
2. Competitors must be over the age of 16 years on 1st January 2020.
3. Professional chefs are excluded from competing.
4. Competitors please note that at the Final, competitors will be obliged to use the ingredients supplied by Aldi on the day. Any ingredients not available in Aldi must be listed and presented in non- branded containers.
5. Each finalist will be required to submit their final recipe before the National Finals to ensure all ingredients can be used by our production bakery of choice.
Competitors must be available on the 14th and 17th of September.
Directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees) of the Promotor or the agencies or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Previous National Winners are excluded from taking part.
For more information, as well as details of ingredients, head onto the Aldi website.
Best of luck to all!